Friday 4 November 2011

Gluten Free Sponge Cake


Like any sponge it can be used for many things. Its great to used to make a layered cake for s kids party. I cant tell the difference and I am sure they wont either.

I love my Terismu and use this recipe as an alternative for when I can not find GF Lady Fingers.

Ingredients

3/4           cup cornflour
1              tsp baking powder
1/8           tsp salt
3              egg whites
3              egg yolks
1/2           cup sugar

Directions
Sift corn flour, baking powder and salt together. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff and then beat in egg yolks. Add in sugar gradually and beat until mixture forms a figure 8.

Sift and fold in the dry ingredients and mix until well blend. Pour the batter equally into 2 greased 20cm (8") sandwich pans.

Bake at 180C for about 20 minutes. Remove from pans immediately and cool on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment