Saturday 5 November 2011

Pizza Crust Recipe


Again the Sicilian comes out in me. How could I not have my pizza. For a couple of years I went without and when I started using this base from a family member I realised that I had been missing out. I use this pizza base for many things and sometimes use a cookie cutter to cat 5cm rounds that I use for starters abd This recipe will makes 6 servings.

Ingredients

 3             cups of the GF plain flour mix
1/4           cup sugar
3 1/2        tsp. xanthan gum
1 1/2        tsp. salt
1 1/2        Tbs. yeast
1 3/4        cups warm water
1/4           cup olive oil
1              tsp. rice vinegar
3              eggs
1              tsp. garlic salt

Directions

Preheat oven to 200°.

Mix flour mix, sugar, xanthan gum, and salt together in the bowl of a stand mixture. Dump yeast on top of dry ingredients, but do not mix it in. Combine water, oil, and vinegar in a separate bowl. Pour on top of yeast, and let sit 3 minutes. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together on low speed. Add eggs and garlic salt. Beat on high speed for 3-5 minutes.

Grease pizza pan well with butter. Spread batter into thin circles on your pizza pan or cookie sheets.

Bake immediately for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and either freeze the crusts or top them with your favorite topping and return to the over for 20-25 more minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment